Thursday 18 October 2012

Castle Ideas


I quite like both of these Ideas, but I think the one on the left is kind of boring in a way. It seems to symmetrical and all the same. Where as the one on the right I think is much more interesting to look at, It also has a lot more variation for kinds of towers I can use. 



I quite like the style of this gate house. It has a kind of bulky feel too it, like its really powerful and strong in a way. It also seems quite deep, I think this is the kind of gate I would have to use on my second idea (above). I want the gate on that castle to be quite big and look really powerful and grand.


This is kind of style I'm thinking of for my main gate. I like this one because its bug and looks like it has several rooms in it and also looks like a main gate.



A lot of the norman style keeps I've seen all tend to look like this. Kind of square shaped with four towers. So I guess if I want to make a norman styled castle I will have to do something similar to this. I did notice with this image the steps on the right, I have never seen this before so this is I would have to adapt into my castle.

Also a lot of the norman castles i've looked at, seem to be really square in shape, they dont seem to have complicated designs. They also don't seem to have many walls inside. There castles just seem to consist of a main square keep like above and then an outer wall which just surrounds that but again is kind of square and boring in a way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment