Thursday 20 December 2012

Evaluation

I think overall my castle went pretty ok considering I didnt know much of 3ds max. I knew a little because Ive done particle renderings using different renderers like Krakatoa (images on my blog). But since we started using 3DS Max I think Ive learnt a lot more about the program. I did kind of feel that we didnt know enough about how to do certain things while making are castle because It felt like it was a struggle and a pain at times to do just basic things. I found putting textures on are models particularly difficult at times because there seemed to be extra verts in places and textures would come out stretched, this was so, so, frustrating.
I  think if we had more knowledge or practice with the techniques we had to use we would've been able to produce a much better castle, but, it is for most of us the first time we've used the program and I am happy with the end result. I think in future once we've learned a bit more we will be able to produce better quality models.

Things I would of done differently:
I think if I  knew more about the program I would've tried to add a lot more detail into things like my towers, keep, and gatehouse. For example giving it little windows and small details. But then again I'm really pleased with what I achieved with my castle. I wouldn't of been able to do this 3 months ago.

I'm really happy with the way my castle turned out and I'm looking forward to the things we will be able to create in the future.




No comments:

Post a Comment